I wouldn’t throw the door open into it but it certainly serves its purpose protecting from little bumps into the wall. Very easy to put up and the adhesive hasn’t let go yet.
It is good quality, great length for the garage wall. Once placed on the wall at the correct heights it will protect your vehicle doors for years. Its recommended to use dual-sided adhesive tape to seal the border of the wall protector if necessary.
I bought the 1/4 inch thick protector. Just parked the car where i normally have it, opened both drivers side doors to see where they would make contact with the wall. Used that as my center for the pads. Measured to the length needed. Used a laser level to maintain a straight line. Wiped down the painted wall where the pads were going to be attached, started peeling back about six inches of the backing film, and slowly went along my laser line, pressing down the pad, while peeling more of the backing as i went.
This is a very good material to protect your vehicle for dents and scratches. I applied it to vertical square posts in my carport to protect my truck. I cut the material very easily with scissors and wrapped it around the post. Recommend work from top to bottom to avoid air bubbles. Sticks very well and formed perfect to my 3’x3′ galvanized poles. Highly recommend this product and it looks professional too.
Still holding up extremely well many months later. We put it on our freshly painted cinder block walls in the garage and the adherence is excellent. I was able to reposition it as i applied it and it hasn’t peeled off or anything. Although it is thin, it is strong and hasn’t shredded or torn like other brands. Looks really classy actually. It was an excellent purchase and i would buy this again.
If you live in texas, you know that heat and adhesives are not a great mix. Had no problem applying this to the drywall in my garage to protect it/the car from scratches. The surface texture of the pad gives it a nice look and the 1/4 thickness is the only size i’d buy since it seems as if it would be the minimum needed to protect well. I only needed to use one of the two pads so far since the doors of the two cars that might go there line up quite well on one pad, but nice to have the other in case i need to cover another area or something else. I had my spouse help me install with the help of a level and it went on very easy. Just peeled a bit of the backing and started at one end. I kept it level while applying and my spouse peeled the backing as we went. Just took a few minutes and zero issues with it sticking even on the edges. I did lay out the roll on the floor for a week so it was very flat which may have helped us. Will update my review if anything changes over time.
- I bought the 1/4 inch thick protector. Just parked
- A bit hard to apply but worth it if you take the time.
- Great for light impact and preventing scratches against ruff walls.
We recently purchased a new car and i was afraid of chipping the paint when i opened the car door in my garage. It comes in a long roll, which i cut in half (cross wise) to cover a larger area. It has adhered very well to the brick and provides a great cushion when opening the door.
I purchased this so i wouldn’t hit my car door on the brick fireplace in our small garage. I was very skeptical at how well it would stick and how good the padding would be, but it works great. I ended up only using 1 of the rolls, but i cut it into 3rds and stacked it so it would cover more of the door’s length.
I had no issues installing this product. The backing peeled off without any issues and it stuck firmly to a painted garage (drywall). The only thing is that i’ve only had it for a few days and have noticed that it dents extremely easily (door just rests against it – never slammed). I wish that the foam was more resilient and bounced back as i’m not sure that i like how much these dents show up. While i debate removing it from the wall, i did test removing it and didn’t have any issues with it damaging the paint or sticking to the wall.
I would give this product 4 stars if it wasn’t for the fact that the backing paper covering the adhesive is too thin. I found it impossible to remove the paper in one piece; it kept tearing off in pieces, leaving me with trying to remove the remainder with a razor. It made the job take twice as long as it had to. I should note though that i did this job in fairly cool weather at around 40 degrees. That said, once i got it on the wall i was happy with it. It looks like it will provide enough protection from the concrete wall i placed it over. I bought the 1/4 inch thick and would recommend the same.
I lllllloooooovvvveeee these. They are definitely not aesthetically pleasing to the eye when you open the garage but they have definitely saved my garage wall and my car door. My door will hit these and not make any noise and bounces off softly. If you have a garage and you are known to hit your door from time to time these are so worth it.
Features of Ampulla GWP01 Ultra Thick Waterproof Garage Wall Protector, Designed in Germany – Pack of Two (1/4″ Thickness)
- Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
- √ Best Protection by DOUBLE Thickness – 1/4″ thickness surface provides heavy protection for your car door and garage wall to prevent damage caused by any heavy impacts. It is greater or equal to twice the thickness of other brand of garage wall protectors.
- √ Top Grade & Eco-Friendly Material – The protectors with scratch prevention diamond texture on the waterproof surface are made of odorless and harmless high-density EVA material, which has RoHS authentication. It is totally environment-friendly material. Let us go Green!!
- √ Full Protection & Suitable for Types of Walls – Scratch prevention soft foam strip for garages. Each strip size is 79″x 8″x 1/4″. And also the strip can be cut into multi pieces or different shapes, which fits for any types of walls.
- √ Exquisite Surface Design – Details make all the difference. This garage car door protector has been applied with the most exquisite design in the world. Any water drop or water flushing be protected by special textures and grooves. It is also very easy to be cleaned.
- √ Double Protection by Dual Strip Pack – A set of two garage wall strip ensures both sides of car doors and garage walls will be fully protected.
Ampulla Garage Wall Protector
Ampulla Garage Wall Protector’s Features:
- Best Protection – 1/4 inch(6.5mm) thickness resists any moderate-heavy collisions;
- Strong Adhesive – Reinforced by fiber mesh design and strong adhesive surface;
- Dual Strips – Provides fully protection for all the side doors of most of sedan & SUV;
- EVA Material – Top grade odorless EVA material possesses a balance of performance properties such as lightness, good flexibility, toughness, and abrasion resistance;
- Water Resistance – Unique design texture and special surface treatment gives a great water resistanceExquisite Texture – Let the protectors designed in Germany become decoration and add more stylish to your home.
- Anti-Scratch – Special textural surface can minimize the scratch marks on the protectors and keep it clean and tidy
- Mildew Resistance – Fiber Mesh adhesive and water resistance surface destroy the mold growing environment.
2 x Garage wall protector (79″x 8″x 1/4″ or 2000x200x4.5mm)
(Two pieces in One Pack)
Little Details Make All the Difference.
- Please clean and dry the wall surface and remove any particles on it;
- Peel approximate 4” (10cm) adhesive cover from one side and apply the protector on the wall
- Slowly peel the rest of the adhesive cover and apply the protector on the wall at the same time to make sure it is straight and no space between it.
- Repeat the same steps above for the other side of your garage wall.
Notice before use:
- Please do not put under extremely high temperature or exposure to the sun for long;
- Please clean the wall surface and remove the dust or other particles and keep dry before sticking the strips to the wall;
- Protectors can be removed without leaving marks on the most of the surfaces (e.g. brick, tile, glass, or marble walls). But the removal on a brittle or lime wall pavement may need to do it with care, because the adhesive is very strong.
Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
Good adhesive – good price – wish they were more durable, one bump with car door and it will rip it, very soft foam.
I had a problem with a car door accidentally being opened so wide, it tapped into part of the concrete wall of the garage. So, i decided i had to look into some type of bumper for the walls. I first searched at the soft plastic rubber bumpers, which looked to be fine for the concrete wall, but i also wanted to go around part of a door frame. I then saw the foam wall bumpers, and this product had better reviews than the others, was offered in a deeper thickness, and also the adhesive had a fabric weave to it, to help it keep together, in one piece. It is now a bit more than 6 months later, and what i applied to the walls is still holding up. The concrete wall, all i did was get a damp towel, to towel off the dust, and whatever else was on the concrete wall. I let it dry overnight, then the next day i took the measurements to be sure i placed this ampulla wall guard on the wall level, and that was it. I did the same for another area, around a door frame.
Very nice protector with a very strong adhesive. You will want to be gentile and slow applying this because it’s one and done. You will not be able to remove this without damaging both the protector sheet and whatever you are sticking it too. Take your time cutting it and applying it as it is also fragile until you have finished attaching it and it will rip otherwise. Once applied though it has a very profession look and feel while giving a good amount of protection.
I previously had the 1/6′ but upped it to the 1/4′ when i moved. My wife doesn’t pay a ton of attention when opening and closing her door in the garage so i doubled them up. You can pretty much whip the door open against these without any damage. I strongly recommend this purchase if you are sick of dings and scrapes in your own garage, especially a single car garage.
I had been looking for something similar to this off and on for a couple of years. I have framed peg board on my side of the garage and occasionally i would get a little to close to the wall and my doors would open into the frame of the peg board. Sadly my old car suffered some paint damage before i got this wall protector. Installation on a flat surface would be very easy. Because i was attempting to cover part of a wooden frame that sticks out a little over a quarter inch from the wall, and the wall just below the frame, it was a bit tricky to mold the material in a elbow shape while rolling it out and pressing to the wall. In hindsight, it would have made more sense to cut a strip wide enough to cover the bottom frame face, and apply that to the frame face. Then take the remainder and apply to the dry wall. To help with the installation, i did cut one of the rolls in half. This made it a little easier for a one person installation. The material was easy to cut with an ordinary pair of scissors.
i’m actually really surprised. This product had a really strong adhesive which i was not expecting. I was anticipating having to use a staple or nail gun in order to adhere the foam to the wall. But instead the adhesive is so strong i had to do very little work.I finish the whole project in less than three minutes.
√ Best Protection by DOUBLE Thickness – 1/4″ thickness surface provides heavy protection for your car door and garage wall to prevent damage caused by any heavy impacts.
I recently moved back into an apartment with very narrow single garages. There is no way to avoid the car door making contact with the wall. Now i can pull in forward or back in, and none of the doors will be damaged. I did have a tough time applying the first strip. It became twisted and i had to throw it away. But i learned to only peel the backing off about six inches initially. I placed the strip then took my level to make sure it was straight and pulled off the backing foot by foot. It took less than five minutes to apply.
I have a very tight garage that i park into and just wanted a little something to protect against scratches when opening the doors, this sticks to my concrete wall perfectly and can be doubled up for impact protection by sticking another layer of padding. Only recommendation would be to make the protectors a little more thick.
√ Top Grade & Eco-Friendly Material – The protectors with scratch prevention diamond texture on the waterproof surface are made of odorless and harmless high-density EVA material, which has RoHS authentication. It is totally environment-friendly material.
√ Full Protection & Suitable for Types of Walls – Scratch prevention soft foam strip for garages. Each strip size is 79″x 8″x 1/4″.
√ Exquisite Surface Design – Details make all the difference. This garage car door protector has been applied with the most exquisite design in the world. Any water drop or water flushing be protected by special textures and grooves.