This is a review by a motorcyclist, using this product under a dot/eu approved nolan n44 helmet:after purchasing this product, geartop pestered me each week via email for a review of this skull cap. So, after using this skull cap on a 1,500 mile journey and a separate 2,500 mile journey this summer, here are my thoughts;as you can see from the attached photo, the seams on the geartop skull cap are much thicker than on the competition’s skull cap. Thick seams do not work well on a properly fitted motorcycle safety helmet, which by necessity, has to fit snugly. This skull cap’s seams around my ears irritated the sensitive skin on my ear lobes to the point that after an hour’s use, the skull cap was uncomfortable. In my opinion, the seams on the geartop are much too thick for use under a motorcycle helmet. The geartop skull cap is made of nice, plush material and it dried quickly, after being washed in motel sinks. It also wicked away sweat well, which was good since my rides were on the east coast during august.
This is a very nice skull cap. It’s well made, comfy and fits my size 7 3/4 head.
Excellent headgear when wearing a helmet i use mine all the time i really enjoy this product it keeps you from sweating and sweat running down your face when wearing a helmet when it’s 100° outside i own seven of these head caps and interchange them daily.
This is the best motorcycle skull cap i have purchased yet. I bought 2 of these and will be ordering more. The sizing is great, just a little stretch. The contour of the cap helps to keep it in place. This skull cap doesn’t move around once inside the helmet. I’ve had problems where skull caps would slide down to my eyebrows becoming a annoyance. No problem with this skull cap. Its light material and does what its intended, to help keep moister away from the helmet lining.
Has a tag insdeso it will be put on right evaery time. I thinki orderd a larg, it comes down to my earsvery comptable.
I live in nm, so sweating is part of riding. This skull cap does an outstanding job of keeping your head dry and cool(er), even with a helmet. I also like to leave it on after taking off my helmet, as the cap rapidly wicks up the moisture, and the perforated tops keeps your head cooler.
- Not comfortable under a motorcycle helmet
- Top quality helmet liner cap
- This is the best motorcycle skull cap I have purchased yet
I normally wear a large size hat or helmet. It is a tight fit but covers my head well, from mid brow and over ears. I like that the material snugs the bottom of the ear – got this to hold earbuds in place under bicycle & motorcycle helmet. The weight & thermal effect is in-between a maximally thin lycra skullcap and a warmer cap with a thermal brushed interior.
Cap felt like it was tailored to fit my head to begin with, keeps sweat from running over my face. Keeps my head cool and the wind noise to minimum as i get to tuck my ears inside creating more aerodynamics thus less buzzing while cycling. Must have both hot and cold seasons.
The helmet liner arrived quickly and was as advertised. I have not tried it under a helmet yet (have new helmet coming in), but i have noticed that if you are bald you have to make sure you place it perfectly on your head to make sure it doesn’t bunch. Received an immediate suggestion on the best way to put the liner on from the retailer.
My son havent tried it yet to test how it absorbs sweat but i will update right after he use it.
I’ve had the chance to wear the cap twice while riding. It fits very well; i have a 7 1/8 hat size and the cap is snug without being tight. I also have a one-size lycra skull cap from harley davidson with a 3/4 inch elastic band that is so tight that it’s too uncomfortable to wear. This cap is made of a heavier material than the h-d cap, but it does not feel heavy when wearing it. The thin elastic band around the edge of the cap is very comfortable and only leaves a slight line which fades quickly when the cap is removed. The sides of the cap cover the tops of my ears about to the middle of the ear; i folded the flaps up during my rides, but this will be nice for the cooler rides in spring and fall.
Features of GearTOP Skull Cap Helmet Liner Running Beanie (Black)
- Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
- ✔ SWEAT THIS AND NOT YOUR HELMET! This unique hat helps absorb and retain body heat, while wicking away moisture and reducing sweat build-up. Your helmet liner will be cleaner than ever before! Made of Super Roubaix Fabric, a soft, anti-odor, breathable material, you will stay warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and dry and comfortable all year round!
- ✔ PROVIDING YOU WITH MORE NEEDED PROTECTION: Protect your head from nasty sunburn, or keep warm in colder temperatures. This headwear is small enough to easily fit in any jacket pocket as an emergency go-to cap! Also, these beanies fit under any bike helmet and motorcycle helmets! One size fits most, protect your children as well!
- ✔ KEEP YOUR HAIR OUT OF YOUR FACE, AND SWEAT OUT OF YOUR EYES! Fits great and holds your hair in place. You can use these head wraps as a cure for messy hair, and keep your hair looking good after several hours in a helmet. By absorbing sweat and moisture you no longer have to worry about oily hair after your sport outings. In addition, the material keeps sweat from dripping into your eyes on hot days.
- ✔ FITS YOUR HEAD PERFECT AND KEEPS EARS TOASTY. The lightweight, 4-way stretch material makes this bandana headband snug but not too tight! With covered ears, hold earbuds in place under your ski and bicycle helmet. Best of all, flat stitching means no itchy, rough seams.
- ✔ LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: All original GearTOP products come with a LIFETIME guarantee. If you experience ANY problems with these hats FOR THE LIFETIME OF THE PRODUCT, contact us and we will refund every penny of your purchase, and ship you a new cycling cap FREE of charge. Order your GearTOP skullcap today and experience the luxury of a comfortable ride! AMAZON CUSTOMERS SAY: I should have bought one years ago!
Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
I wear a large in shoei motorcycle helmets but i bought it to go under my bicycle helmet. It fits my round head fine but just barely. It might not come down far enough on a more oval shaped head with longer ears. It doesn’t warm my head but it keeps it from getting cold (so far at 47 degrees) and averaging 20 mph.
I am a female adult with a large head. I need an xl ski helmet to fit me. This beanie head cap is big enough for me. It doesn’t ride up as time passes. It has a comfortable snug feel and stays in place. It is a double layer with quality material and workmanship.
I use this under my motorcycle helmet. It does take up less space than a bandana and is fairly comfortable. It is a bit loose but since 8 shave my head, that’s understandable. It does seem to wick sweat but in the inside and does not breathe very well. Here in texas, it is a bit warm to not have something that will breathe. Overall though, i’d say i like it well enough. Faster than trying to tie on a bandana and takes up less helmet room.
I used the product as a base for my head for a halloween costume, a chicken. This photo, using a pumpkin as a form, shows the crown being sewn on. The cap was then painted brown. Feather boas were added as feathers, a beak glued on my nose and big feet made from large rubber gloves. I became an amazon prime chicken.
Having a small head the fit is pretty good. Added a little extra to head size for snug fit under helmet. Should work as stated in product description. Stays on your head when removing helmet. Quality is good and looks durable should hold up when washed. I would wash it by hand and air dry. Should keep a bald head warmer than a cheap rug. Didn’t find that it bunched up under helmet. Should eliminate drafts and cold air.
I like this skull cap a lot. It is great against the wind it holds well and it’s reflective trim is a good thing for safety reasons. I would recommend this to anyone but be safe and don’t let it take the place of wearing your helmet.
✔ SWEAT THIS AND NOT YOUR HELMET! This unique hat helps absorb and retain body heat, while wicking away moisture and reducing sweat build-up. Your helmet liner will be cleaner than ever before!
I bought this to wear under my half helmet for the motorcycle. The elastic over the ears was a little constricting, so i clipped it. I wear a flannel one for winter.
I have a hot spot in one of my helmets. I’ve tried a number of different things to fix the problem, including several different skull caps. This one is very comfortable and the seams, which are practically nonexistent, go up and down the sides of the forehead rather than straight across. Long story short, it solved my hot spot problem. In fact, i just ordered a back up that i’ll probably use in my other helmet even tho it fits nicely already.
✔ PROVIDING YOU WITH MORE NEEDED PROTECTION: Protect your head from nasty sunburn, or keep warm in colder temperatures. This headwear is small enough to easily fit in any jacket pocket as an emergency go-to cap! Also, these beanies fit under any bike helmet and motorcycle helmets!