If you’re a diy person these work very well. I was surprised at how durable they are. I beat the hell out of these things and they’re holding up just fine. Make sure you get they’re tire irons too.
Didn’t fit my thick painted non-flat 17′ wheels rim. But might not be intended for them anyway.
Works as they should, save your rim’s from damage. Here are the specifications for the Motion Pro 08-0546 RimShield II:
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- New and improved version of original rim shield now made with genuine DuPont Zytel super tough nylon resin for unmatched strength and durability
- Prevents rim damage from tire levers during tire changes
- Dual raised beads facilitate inserting tire lever under tire bead and prevents tire lever from slipping
- Hand holds make it easy to insert and remove while the long apron protects hands and spokes
- Sold in set of 2
The rimshield ii works pretty good but they have a habit of slipping out sometimes.
As everyone else said, get 2 sets. I only bought 1 and needed the 2nd. Popped out of place a few time but i was pleased with them.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Works well but buy 2 sets. 1 pair is not enough.
- Super easy to use and works well with the BeadPro
- Easier to use than standard Rim Savers
One tire done without these has marks all over it, did front tire with these rimshields and barely a scratch. I found them easy to use, tough, and affordable. They do have a tendency to pop off when really torquing on them with a tire iron, but i’ll be the first to admit thats probably my lack of skill at changing tires.
Great rim saver a must have item if you’re changing motorcycle tires.